CENTER TOWNSHIP OF HOWARD COUNTY INDIANA
Township Home Page
Test your knowledge of How Township Government Works!
1. Which of the following is not a function of the township as mandated
by Indiana State Code?
provide basic necessities of life for indigent township residents
oversee removal of noxious weeds
provide fire protection for unincorporated areas of the township
actuate the proposals of the Indiana Township Association
2. Which of the following is not a basic necessity of life as defined by
the Indiana State Code?
shelter and utilities
medical treatment and prescriptions
food and clothing
3. Which of the following are not needed to file a request for township
references from friends, relatives, pastors, etc
picture id and social security cards for all adults in the household
receipts for all income and expenses for the last 30 days
birth certificates or Medicaid cards for all children in the household
4. Which of the following will not be in a TA1-A or Notice of Action - a
decision concerning a request for township assistance ?
is "pended," needs further information or investigation
is "denied," reason will be stated
is "appealed," to another listed authority
is "approved," instructions for receiving assistance is provided
5. Which of the following is not used in determining whether assistance
requested will be provided?
County Fair Market Rental Rates
Resources (not spent on basic necessities)