Summer Intern Opportunity
Center Township announces it is offering this intern opportunity to college age students as a part-time temporary position. This opportunity comes with an above average wage, with weekday, daytime hours of service (no nights or weekends). For more information download the brochure from the link below. To apply, you will need to follow the instructions in the brochure including downloading the township employment application form from the link below.
Summer Intern Brochure
Highlights from 2017 Trustee's Report
- Center Township received over 2700 requests for assistance in 2017.
- Center Township assisted over 700 unique recipients at least once during 2017.
- Center Township assisted 258 unique households at least once during 2017.
- Center Township received requests for assistance from 339 households which were first time requesters, of which 95 households were assisted with basic necessities totaling $77,774.77.
- Total Value of Township assistance provided by taxpayer funds was $222,165 and the value of the 658 referrals to other agencies was $946,709.
- Center Township assisted 164 unique households at least once with utilities at a value of $74,162.
- Center Township assisted 12 unique households at least once with food or non-food products at a value of $1,477, but referred 264 recipients to non-township sources for food with a value of $146,213.
- Center Township assisted 10 unique households at least once with medicine or medical needs at a value of $6,974, while referring 240 recipients to non-township sources for medical assistance at a value of $173,759.
- Center Township assisted 132 unique households at least once with housing/shelter needs with a value of $129,497, and made 335 referrals to non-township sources for housing/shelter assistance worth $467,175.
- Center Township staff made 10,292 case contacts on behalf of township assistance recipients last year.
- Center Township runs one of the most respected Payee representative programs in a six-county region, and last year managed over $713K for at least 90 payees. The township does so at no charge to the payees.
- Township assistance recipients provided 3740 hours of workfare at the township building and in the community last year.
- Center Township provided an average of 15 hours of training per employee in 2017.
- Center Township employees spend about 250 hours per year in volunteer activities with non-for profit organizations.
- Center Township allowed not-for-profit organizations to use township buildings during non-business hours totaling 408 hours at a value of $20,400 (rental savings to these organizations).
Robert A. Lee
New Indiana Transparency Dashboard
The Department of Local Government Finance (“Department”), in partnership with the Indiana Business Research Center (“IBRC”), pursuant to IC 5-14-3.9, has recently released an online dashboard for political subdivisions. Click the on image below to go to the dashboard.
How to Use the Interactive Dashboard
Easy—just type in the name of a county, city, town, school corporation or other local government unit and then choose from the "auto-list" that appears to help you get an exact match. From there, you will see the dashboard appear—
and you can switch the Data View from Change to Quartile to Sparkline—and see what those views can tell you about the taxes and finances of the unit you choose!,